Forum

MMOexp: Even Hugs Can Be Dangerous In Elden Ring

Citazione

Elden Ring, like many Souls games before it, may be slightly shady when it provides vital information. As an example, you've probably noticed a peculiar icon below your health stamina, magic and health bars, which shows the shape of Elden Ring Runes a red square, with a downward arrow. "Where do I get that originate?" you may be wondering, to which I reply, "Have you hugged any strange women lately?"

Upon reaching a certain point in the early game of Elden Ring--it completely happens when you defeat the game's first main boss Margit of the Fell Omen, but some folks are reporting it happening beforehand and you'll be invited into roundtable hold. The hub area has an abundance of amenities including blacksmiths and merchants who can improve your equipment than you can do on your own. However, the most intriguing NPC an individual named Fia that is featured in the game's intense intro by the title "the Deathbed Companion."

At first, it doesn't appear that Fia is doing much. She offers to hold youfor a brief moment of warmth for the Souls genre, and provides her Baldachin's Blessing which is a special item that boosts your poise at the cost of some of your magical energy, before sending you on your route. The whole scene, while touching, goes by without thinking about it. But as it transpires that there's a cost to pay for showing Varre once and for all time that you're not as maidenless as he thinks.

Recall the first time Fia wants to hold you. Do you remember the part where she asked you to share some of your "lifely strength" and "stout-hardedness" as a reward for an hug? That wasn't just a flowery exchange of words on her part. Her hug actually reduces your HP by 5percent, which is indicated by the mysterious red square icon I mentioned earlier. It might not seem like much, but believe me, you'll be wishing you had that 5% at the conclusion of a fierce bossy fight, regardless of how valuable the gift she will give you is.

Fortunately, regaining that lost HP is as easy as using the Baldachin's Blessing in your inventory.

Are Fia's health-threatening, pseudo-sexually transmitted disease a hint of the Deathbed Companion hiding something more sinister further into Elden Ring's campaign? I'm not sure for the moment however, a decade of Souls experience has taught me that you can't be sure of the people you encounter during these simulations. It's certainly not in the hands of FromSoftware to use something as lovely as offering free hugs at end of the world to facilitate some sort of buy Elden Ring Runes horrendous plot twist.

it_ITITA